Oncology Nursing News & Features
A reflection on how these elements affect patients at the time of diagnosis, during their cancer journey, and how it can change their life in survivorship.
Are there resources that outline if chemo premeds must be mixed in the laminar air flow hood?
Information patients find online can be a great concern for oncology nurses, especially when a diagnosis has an uncertain prognosis. In this follow-up study, researchers in Boston sought to determine the quality of the online resources patients with cancer, particularly pancreas, are finding.
[Cancer Management and Research] A review of the background and current challenges in 4 key areas of radiotherapy are presented, plus potential future options for creating safe and effective strategies in radiotherapy.
Investigators reviewed 6 opioid analgesics for package information on safe storage and disposal methods.
Researchers attempted to establish a baseline record of current PA and NP staffing models, practice patterns, and practice scope as the first step to inform future policy recommendations.
Exclusion of women from upper echelons of medicine may have real implications for patient care.
Researchers employed a literature search and in-person qualitative interviews to determine the key elements to successful NP-physician comanagement.
Various CBCT programs seek to address clinician burnout and compassion fatigue.
Oncology nurse navigators tend to forget the most important person in the cancer care continuum: themselves. In this keynote presentation at the 2018 ONA Navigation Summit, Deborah Boyle, RN, MSN, AOCNS®, FAAN, talks about the importance of self care.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|