ONA Navigation Summit 2016
Food speaks to our genes; its message or signal can turn the immune system on or off. Consumption of a high carbohydrate or sugar diet can increase risk of cancer.
Navigator-specific Interventions and Multidisciplinary Care Team Collaboration Improves Care and Outcomes for Patients with GI CancersApril 25, 2016
The GI ONN is a relatively new position whose role is not only to remove barriers to care, but also to facilitate timely, comprehensive, and evidence-based care for patients with GI cancers.
A navigation process that effectively addresses a community's health care disparities and barriers to cancer care is driven by a triennial Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA).
Oncology rehabilitation is cost-effective; it lowers both direct and indirect health care costs and improves physical and psychological quality of life for patients with cancer.
A working knowledge of frailty, multimorbidity, and geriatric syndromes, as well as self-awareness of and sensitivity to ageism are key skills for oncology navigators caring for older patients.
Navigators need to be aware of the signs and symptoms of cognitive and emotional distress and be able to determine which patients and family members need to be managed more closely.
Patient navigation ensures patients with cancer achieve diagnostic resolution in a timely manner, leading to optimal outcomes for both patients and the community.
Side effects are defined as long-term or late. Although the 2 types are difficult to distinguish, their distinction is both clear and important.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Smoking Ups Risk of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Overall and by Subtype
- Myelofibrosis: From Diagnosis to Early Intervention
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine for People Through Age 45
- HPV Vaccination and Anti-programmed Cell Death 1 Inhibition Improve Survival in Patients With Invasive HPV-16
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Anxiety, Depression in Prostate Cancer: Managing Psychosocial Effects in Male Patients
- Tandem Autologous-Allogenic HCT Offers Long-Term Remission in Multiple Myeloma
- Tool Addresses Well-being of Informal Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- Hematologic Cancers: 8 Tips Oncology Nurses Should Share with Caregivers
- Navigation at the End of Therapy: A Crucial Transition in Lymphoma Treatment
- Strength and Hope for Women in the Mist of Cancer
- Prospective Study Measures Cognitive, Treatment Effects in Older Breast Cancer Survivors
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy May Affect Thyroid Function
- Hypofractionated Radiotherapy After Conservative Surgery May Increase Low-intermediate Grade Late Fibrosis in Breast Cancer Patients
- Should Increased Breast Density Dictate More Breast Cancer Screenings?
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|