Nystatin Oral Suspension Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nystatin Oral Suspension:
4–6mL (½ of dose on each side of mouth) 4 times daily. Retain in mouth as long as possible before swallowing.
Infants: 2mL 4 times daily (1mL on each side of mouth). Older children: as adult.
Not for treatment of systemic mycoses. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smear and/or culture. Continue treatment for at least 48 hrs after clinical cure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Diarrhea, GI distress, nausea, vomiting, oral irritation.
Formerly known under the brand name Mycostatin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|