Generic Name and Formulations:
Armodafinil 50mg, 150mg, 200mg, 250mg; tabs.
Indications for NUVIGIL:
To improve wakefulness in patients with excessive sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS), narcolepsy and shift work sleep disorder (SWSD). Adjunct to standard treatment for underlying airway obstruction in OSAHS.
≥17yrs: OSAHS, narcolepsy: 150mg or 250mg once daily in the AM. SWSD: 150mg one hour before starting shift. Severe hepatic impairment: reduce dose.
<17yrs: not recommended.
Discontinue if rash, sores, blistering, or ulceration appears (unless clearly not drug-related), or if angioedema, anaphylaxis, or DRESS/multi-organ hypersensitivity reaction occurs. OSAHS: treat underlying obstruction; maintain CPAP use if indicated. History of LV hypertrophy or mitral valve prolapse syndrome (eg, ischemic ECG changes, chest pain, arrhythmias associated with CNS stimulants): not recommended. Recent MI. Unstable angina. Monitor BP. History of psychosis, depression, or mania; consider discontinuing if psychiatric symptoms develop. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly (may need to reduce dose). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May antagonize hormonal contraceptives; use alternative or additional contraception during and for 1 month after. Avoid alcohol. Caution with MAOIs. Armodafinil levels may be decreased by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, rifampin) and increased by CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, erythromycin). May reduce levels of drugs metabolized by CYP3A4 (eg, cyclosporine). May increase levels of drugs metabolized by CYP2C9 (eg, warfarin) or CYP2C19 (eg, phenytoin, diazepam, propranolol).
Headache, insomnia, other CNS effects, GI upset; rash (may be serious, eg, Stevens-Johnson, toxic epidermal necrolysis), DRESS/multiorgan hypersensitivity.
Register pregnant patients exposed to Nuvigil by calling (866) 404-4106.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|