Some of my oncology nurse colleagues give patients their personal cell phone numbers. Sometimes I feel like I'm the odd one for not giving my number when patients ask if they can text me. Am I behind the times?
NIH sought to bridge the gap in oncology nurse training in genomics and genetics to improve patient education and assessment of related risk factors.
Responses to a survey demonstrated oncology nurses' perspectives on their training needs on how to effectively communicate with patients regarding disease prognoses, end-of-life issues, and survivorship care.
A guide for helping patients assess their social network after a cancer diagnosis and find the supportive resources they may need.
Nurses need to rethink their attitude toward those who are new to the profession, lead with compassion, and share their knowledge gained through experience.
Researchers evaluated the effectiveness of a smartphone app in encouraging breast cancer survivors to meet their posttreatment exercise goals.
What are some good Internet resources for patient information about cancer treatment regimens?
Oncology nurse navigators tend to forget the most important person in the cancer care continuum: themselves. In this keynote presentation at the 2018 ONA Navigation Summit, Deborah Boyle, RN, MSN, AOCNS®, FAAN, talks about the importance of self care.
An analysis of select responses to a survey conducted by researchers from the College of Nursing at South Dakota State University identified oncology nurses' comfort level in handling end-of-life care and patient education.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA: Number of U.S. Women With Breast Implant-Caused Cancer Has Increased
- NIH Establishes Educational Program on Genomics, Genetics for Oncology Nurses
- Immunotherapy for HER2-positive Breast Cancer: Recent Advances and Combination Therapeutic Approaches
- A Review of Clinical Outcomes in Patients With Early-Stage Burkitt Lymphoma
- USPSTF Still Recommends Against Pancreatic Cancer Screening
- Oncology Nurse Navigation Facilitates Timely Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer
- Oncology Nurses Weigh In on Their Patient-Centered Communication Practices, Needs
- Substitute for Lidocaine
- CART cell therapy for prostate cancer: status and promise
- Shifting Dynamics of Social Support After a Cancer Diagnosis
- Survey Demonstrates Implicit Bias Toward Cervical Cancer Diagnoses Among Nurses, Women
- Use of Watchful Waiting Up for Low-Risk Localized Prostate Cancer
- Sharing Personal Contact Information With Patients
- Country-Specific Norms Created for Cancer-Related Quality of Life
- Nurse-Led vs Oncologist-Led Breast Cancer Follow-up Program: Early Feasibility Results of an Ongoing Study
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|