Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron (as sodium ferric gluconate complex in sucrose) 12.5mg/mL; soln for IV inj or infusion; contains benzyl alcohol.
Indications for NULECIT:
Iron deficiency anemia in patients on chronic hemodialysis receiving epoetin therapy.
Give by IV infusion (diluted) or slow IV inj (undiluted). 125mg infused over 1 hour or by slow IV inj (at a rate of up to 12.5mg/min). Minimum cumulative dose: 1g given over 8 sequential dialysis sessions; usual max: 125mg/dose.
<6yrs: not recommended. Give by IV infusion (diluted) over 1 hour. ≥6yrs: 1.5mg/kg per dose at 8 sequential dialysis sessions; max: 125mg/dose.
Anemias not caused by iron deficiency. Iron overload.
Hemoglobinopathies. Refractory anemias. Avoid in neonates. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers.
May reduce absorption of concomitant oral iron preparations.
Hypotension, hypertension, GI upset, chest pain, back pain, abdominal pain, pruritus, inj site reaction, cramps, headache, dizziness, syncope, fatigue, fever, dyspnea, tachycardia; rare: hypersensitivity reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|