NOVOLIN N OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Insulin isophane suspension (NPH) (human, rDNA origin) 100 Units/mL; inj.
Indications for NOVOLIN N:
Adults and Children:
SC injection only. Onset approx 1.5hrs, peak 4–12hrs, duration approx 24hrs.
Instruct patients on diet, exercise, blood or urine testing, proper administration of insulin, change in species of origin, type or purity of insulin, and management of hypoglycemia. Do not reuse or share needles or syringes between patients. Dosage increase may be required during infection, illness, stress, trauma, and pregnancy. Dosage decrease may be needed with renal or hepatic dysfunction.
Concomitant thiazolidinediones (TZDs) may cause fluid retention and heart failure; consider dose reduction or discontinue TZDs. Potentiated by salicylates, MAOIs, alcohol, sulfa drugs, some ACE inhibitors, drugs that inhibit pancreatic function (eg, octreotide), oral hypoglycemic agents, anabolic steroids, quinine, quinidine, alpha-adrenergic blocking agents. Antagonized by corticosteroids, isoniazid, niacin, thiazides, phenothiazines, sympathomimetics, oral contraceptives, thyroid hormones, growth hormone, diazoxide, asparaginase, nicotinic acid. Variable effects with β-blockers, clonidine, lithium salts, alcohol.
Hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, local or systemic allergy, lipodystrophy, edema.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|