NOVOLIN 70/30 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Insulin isophane suspension (NPH) 70% (human, rDNA origin), regular insulin 30% (human, rDNA origin) 100 Units/mL; inj.
Indications for NOVOLIN 70/30:
Adults and Children:
SC injection only. Onset approx 30 mins, peak 2–12hrs, duration approx 24hrs.
Instruct patients on diet, exercise, blood or urine testing, proper administration of insulin, change in species of origin, type or purity of insulin, and management of hypoglycemia. Do not reuse or share needles or syringes between patients. Dosage increase may be required during infection, illness, stress, trauma, and pregnancy. Dosage decrease may be needed with renal or hepatic dysfunction.
Concomitant thiazolidinediones (TZDs) may cause fluid retention and heart failure; consider dose reduction or discontinue TZDs. Potentiated by salicylates, MAOIs, alcohol, sulfa drugs, some ACE inhibitors, drugs that inhibit pancreatic function (eg, octreotide), oral hypoglycemic agents, anabolic steroids, quinine, quinidine, alpha-adrenergic blocking agents. Antagonized by corticosteroids, isoniazid, niacin, thiazides, phenothiazines, sympathomimetics, oral contraceptives, thyroid hormones, growth hormone, diazoxide, asparaginase, nicotinic acid. Variable effects with β-blockers, clonidine, lithium salts, alcohol.
Hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, local or systemic allergy, lipodystrophy, edema.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|