Nortriptyline Oral Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nortriptyline (as HCl) 10mg/5mL; contains alcohol 4%.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nortriptyline Oral Solution:
Initially 25mg 3–4 times daily; max 150mg/day. Elderly and adolescents: 30–50mg/day in single or divided doses.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue. Acute post-MI.
Suicidality and antidepressant drugs.
Increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents and young adults; monitor for clinical worsening and unusual changes. Monitor for emergence of serotonin syndrome; discontinue if occurs. Mania/hypomania. Bipolar disorder. Psychosis. ECT. Cardiovascular disease. Angle-closure glaucoma. Urinary retention. Epilepsy. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Liver disorders. Monitor plasma levels if dose >100mg/day. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, St. John's Wort) or with drugs that impair serotonin metabolism (eg, MAOIs, linezolid, IV methylene blue). Potentiates alcohol, sympathomimetics. CNS stimulation with reserpine. Potentiated by CYP2D6 inhibitors; monitor plasma levels with quinidine, cimetidine, SSRIs, phenothiazines, type 1C antiarrhythmics (eg, propafenone, flecainide). Antagonized by barbiturates, carbamazepine. Paralytic ileus, hyperpyrexia with anticholinergics. Blocks guanethidine.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, CNS overstimulation, arrhythmias, extrapyramidal symptoms, hypo- or hypertension, nausea, fatigue, rash, headache, changes in blood sugar, photosensitivity, edema, blood dyscrasias, jaundice.
Caps—30; Soln—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
- Assessing Direct Costs of Treatment-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|