Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Response to Rapamycin Analogs but not PD-1 Inhibitors in PTEN-mutated Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer With High Tumor Mutational BurdenJune 01, 2018
[Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This case study demonstrates that genomic profiling may still benefit patients who fail checkpoint inhibitor therapy despite having high tumor mutational burden and PD-L1 positivity.
Multiple Treatment Modalities for Brain Metastasis in Patients With EGFR-mutant Non-small Cell Lung CancerMay 25, 2018
[OncoTargets and Therapy] Management of brain metastases in patients with EGFR-mutant NSCLC is controversial. In this study, researchers find combination and sequential treatment with EGFR-TKIs, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy is beneficial.
Researchers assessed the efficacy of nabilone for improving symptoms of anorexia in patients with NSCLC. In addition, patient appetite, quality of life, and nutritional status were also assessed.
[Cancer Management and Research] The presence of comorbidities is thought to play a significant role in the decision to treat patients with NSCLC, and this impacts survival.
Osimertinib improves progression-free survival in EGFR-mutated non-small-cell lung cancer: The FLAURA trialJanuary 11, 2018
1. Osimertinib demonstrated a significantly longer duration of progression-free survival compared to standard of care epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) in patients with untreated EGFR-mutated locally-advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). 2. Osimertinib treated patients had fewer grade 3 or higher adverse events compared to patients treated with standard EGFR-TKI therapy. 
SBRT provides excellent local control and an adequate safety profile, but there is a lack of data comparing SBRT to resection among patients eligible for surgery.
Nab-paclitaxel/carboplatin Induction in Squamous NSCLC: Longitudinal Quality of Life While on ChemotherapyDecember 01, 2017
[Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy] Researchers examine the affect of first-line nab-paclitaxel plus carboplatinon QoL for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
Results of this randomized, phase 3 study comparing oral gefitinib with IV vinorelbine plus cisplatin revealed the effect of these regimens on disease-free survival in patients with exon 19 deletion or exon Leu585Arg NSCLC.
Approval was based on results from ALEX, for which researchers randomly assigned 303 patients with ALK-positive NSCLC not previously treated with systemic therapy to receive alectinib or crizotinib.
This study evaluated the feasibility and potential efficacy of a yoga intervention for patients with NSCLC and their caregivers.
Impact of language barrier and patient ethnicity on time interval from diagnosis to treatment for patients with NSCLC was measured at a public hospital and a private hospital.
Two phase 3 studies reveal the clinical benefit, safety profile, and overall survival of nivolumab and docetaxel for patients with squamous and nonsquamous NSCLC.
Osimertinib in the Treatment of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Design, Development and Place in TherapyOctober 13, 2017
[Lung cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research examines clinical data from Phase I-III trials of osimertinib, discusses mechanisms of resistance to osimertinib, and provides an outlook for the use of osimertinib and novel therapeutic combinations to improve EGFR-mutated NSCLC outcomes.
Researchers present findings of a phase 2 study that compared PFS when SBRT is administered prior to maintenance chemotherapy in patients with limited metastatic NSCLC vs chemotherapy alone. Data was presented at ASTRO 59th Annual Meeting.
Patients with stage III NSCLC have a poor median PFS of 8 months despite achieving a good response to the current standard of care of platinum-based double chemotherapy with concurrent radiotherapy.
Investigators report that administering cannabis to patients with cancer undergoing immunotherapy was found to lower the response rate to therapy but had no effect on PFS or OS, in an oral presentation at ESMO 2017 Congress.
The Lung Cancer Prognostic Index (LCPI) provides additional relevant prognostic data for patients with NSCL and may lead to better outcomes.
An analysis of rates at certain milestones in clinical trials of treatments for mNSCLC suggests these rates reflect end point results for immunotherapies vs targeted and conventional therapies.
Doses May Be Adjusted for Treating NSCLC Patients
Phase 3 clinical trial results show fewer adverse effects and longer survival with alectinib compared with crizotinib in patients with treatment-naïve ALK-positive NSCLC.
Developing a lung cancer screening program involves a number of challenges, including identifying patients in need of screening, patient follow-up, and community support.
A significantly higher 5-year survival rate was seen in a small subset of patients with NSCLC treated with nivolumab.
Risk for cardiac events linked to RT for locally advanced NSCLC, especially in patients with a history of cardiac disease or receiving higher RT doses.
Prospective pilot study demonstrates accuracy of circulating tumor cells as a biomarker indicating lung cancer recurrence.
A study of a large, diverse patient population appears to show an increasing incidence of lung cancer in patients who have never smoked tobacco.
A clinical pathways navigation program for patients with non-small cell lung cancer significantly reduced cost of care while preserving clinical outcomes.
Ceritinib has been granted Priority Review as a first-line treatment for patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-positive non-small cell lung cancer.
Elderly with NSCLC have lower incidence of esophagitis, can tolerate aggressive radiation therapy.
There are a growing number of NSCLC patients with advanced disease who are opting to forgo treatment despite the fact that receiving standard of care treatment leads to a higher OS.
Ceritinib is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of patients with ALK-positive metastatic NSCLC who have progressed on or are intolerant to crizotinib; in this study, researchers determined the efficacy of ceritinib in patients with untreated ALK-rearranged NSCLC.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|