Nizatidine Capsules Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nizatidine 150mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nizatidine Capsules:
Active duodenal ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcer. Benign gastric ulcer. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): including heartburn and erosive and ulcerative esophagitis.
Active duodenal or benign gastric ulcer: 300mg daily at bedtime or 150mg twice daily, both for up to 8 weeks. Maintenance: 150mg daily at bedtime. GERD: 150mg twice daily for up to 12 weeks. Renal impairment: see literature.
Rule out malignant gastric ulceration. Renal insufficiency, reduce dose (see literature). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May elevate serum salicylate levels in high-dose aspirin patients.
Headache, anemia, diarrhea, dizziness, sweating, rhinitis, urticaria.
Formerly known under the brand name Axid.
Caps—contact supplier; Soln—480mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|