Nimodipine Capsules Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nimodipine 30mg; soft-gel caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nimodipine Capsules:
To improve neurological outcome of subarachnoid hemorrhage from ruptured intracranial berry aneurysms, regardless of post-ictus neurological condition.
Take on empty stomach. 60mg every 4 hours for 21 consecutive days. Start within 96 hours of subarachnoid hemorrhage. If oral therapy is not feasible, may extract capsule contents into a syringe and give via in situ NG tube, then flush tube with normal saline. Hepatic impairment: 30mg every 4 hours; monitor.
Not for IV or other parenteral administration (may be fatal). Hepatic impairment. Monitor BP, heart rate. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB).
May potentiate other calcium channel blockers. Potentiated by cimetidine.
Decreased blood pressure, GI upset, headache, bradycardia, flushing, edema, rash; rare: intestinal pseudo-obstruction and ileus.
Formerly known under the brand name Nimotop.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|