Generic Name and Formulations:
Nilutamide 150mg; tabs.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for NILANDRON:
Metastatic prostate cancer (Stage D2), as an adjunct to surgical castration.
300mg once daily for 30 days then 150mg once daily, starting day of or day after surgical castration.
Severe hepatic impairment or respiratory insufficiency.
Obtain baseline liver and pulmonary function tests, routine chest X-ray. Monitor for interstitial pneumonitis; discontinue if symptoms occur. Monitor liver function for first 4 months then periodically; discontinue if ALT > 2xULN or jaundice occurs. May discolor urine or sclera. Pregnancy (not for use in women). Nursing mothers.
Monitor drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, Vit. K antagonists, theophylline, phenytoin); may need to adjust dose. May cause alcohol intolerance.
Hot flushes, impaired night vision, GI upset, increased liver enzymes, constipation, dizziness, abnormal vision, hypertension, hepatitis, interstitial pneumonitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|