NEOSPORIN G.U. Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin (as sulfate) 40mg, polymyxin B sulfate 200000units; per mL; soln for bladder irrigation after dilution; amp; vial (contains parabens).
Indications for NEOSPORIN G.U.:
Short-term (up to 10 days) prophylaxis of bacteriuria and gram (–) rod septicemia associated with indwelling urinary catheters.
Dilute 1mL in 1L of normal saline and use daily as continuous bladder irrigant; max 10 days.
Nonintact bladder. Irrigation of wounds, burns. Recent lower urinary tract surgery.
Impaired renal function. Dehydration. Monitor urine cultures. Elderly. Infants. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Superinfection, local irritation, ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity.
Amps (1mL)—10, 50
Multidose vial (20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|