LISTEN, a novel program developed at WVU School of Medicine, is designed to tackle loneliness — a significant health concern for patients with cancer.
A retrospective study of data from POGONIS evaluated the effectiveness of specialized pediatric palliative care vs general palliative care or no palliative care in pediatric patients with cancer at the end of life.
A cancer diagnosis is wrought with challenges for young adults. This article identifies the unique support needs for patients aged 20 to 39 years with cancer.
An analysis of select responses to a survey conducted by researchers from the College of Nursing at South Dakota State University identified oncology nurses' comfort level in handling end-of-life care and patient education.
Male Occult Triple-negative Breast Cancer With Dermatomyositis: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
[OncoTargets and Therapy] In this case report, a patient with male breast cancer developed dermatomyositis.
Cultural humility is a different perspective on nurse-patient communication than cultural competence. Eucharia Borden, an oncology social worker, explains their difference and how it can improve your care for patients of minority cultures.
In this companion piece to our November column, we discuss the unique challenges to preserving the fertility of female patients with cancer and current options.
Clinicians and patients use this technology to monitor health, behaviors, and treatment outcomes.
Increasing survival rates for AYA patients with cancer have heightened the importance of discussing fertility preservation options. In this column, we review the options for male patients and the significance of including a discussion of them as part of treatment planning.
Researchers at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center sought to determine if observation status may be a better treatment option for older adults with cancer who present to the ED.
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|