Generic Name and Formulations:
Ropivacaine HCl 2mg/mL, 5mg/mL, 7.5mg/mL, 10mg/mL; soln for epidural inj; preservative-free.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for NAROPIN:
For the production of local or regional anesthesia for surgery (epidural block including cesarean section, major nerve block, local infiltration) and for acute pain management (epidural continuous infusion or intermittent bolus, eg, postop or labor; local infiltration).
See literature. Avoid intravascular or rapid inj of large volumes. Use test dose (3–5mL of short acting local anesthetic soln containing epinephrine) prior to induction of complete block. Individualize. A cumulative dose of up to 770mg administered over 24 hours is well tolerated in adults with post-op pain management. Debilitated: caution with prolonged periods of administration (eg, >70hrs).
Should only be administered by trained medical professionals; have resuscitative equipment available. Unintended IV inj may result in cardiac arrest (esp. in elderly and patients with concomitant heart disease); prolonged resuscitative efforts may be required. Not for emergency situations. Have protocol for malignant hyperthermia management available. Impaired cardiovascular function. Hypotension. Hypovolemia. Heart block. Hepatic disease. Renal impairment. Labor & delivery; monitor fetal heart rate. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Additive toxic effects with other local anesthetics. Additive cardiac effects possible with concomitant Class III antiarrhythmics (eg, amiodarone); consider ECG monitoring. May be potentiated by CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, fluvoxamine, theophylline, imipramine) and potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Local anesthetic (amide-type).
Hypotension, GI upset, bradycardia, fever, pain, postop complications, anemia, paresthesia, headache, pruritus, back pain.
Polyamp DuoFit Sterile Pak—5; Single-dose vials (5mg/mL)—1, 5; Single-dose infusion bottles (2mg/mL)—1 (100mL, 200mL)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|