NAPHCON A OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Naphazoline HCl 0.025%, pheniramine maleate 0.3%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for NAPHCON A:
Ocular redness and itching.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 1–2 drops up to 4 times daily.
Avoid prolonged use. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Urinary hesitancy. Reevaluate if eye pain, irritation, or visual changes worsen or persist beyond 72hrs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid MAOIs. Remove soft contact lenses when instilling; may re-insert afterwards.
Vasoconstrictor + antihistamine.
Mydriasis, increased IOP, local irritation, sensitization.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|