An analysis of ESAS scores identified factors that increased the odds patients with cancer would experience greater symptom burdens and at what points in the cancer experience this was more likely to occur.
A study presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference focused on redesigning CNS practice to mirror patient transitions throughout the continuum of care.
Routine screening initiative results in improved aspiration rates in multiple units across an academic medical center, according to a study presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
Collaboration with fertility nurse specialists can improve the timeliness of fertility consultations for patients of reproductive potential with cancer, a project presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference has shown.
Study results presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference demonstrate the efficacy of SSI bundle element compliance and multidisciplinary clinical collaboration in reducing colon surgical site infections.
The effectiveness of twice daily screenings for delirium was investigated in a study presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
Researchers present findings of a study assessing the value of SESM evaluations in patients with hematologic cancer prior to undergoing SCT at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
A CNS-led initiative presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference identified inconsistencies in oncology care, and addressed and implemented corrective measures.
Researchers sought to determine the effect of a standing order set for nutrition and assessment of hospitalized patients. Results were presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
After assessing and addressing nurse knowledge of use of the Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) tool, implementation of screening protocol improved interventions for older hospitalized patients who had undergone urological surgery. These results were presented in a poster at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
Results of a cross-over trial presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference demonstrate the efficacy of antiseptic device swabs in reducing central line-associated bloodstream infections in oncology patients with central venous catheters.
Results of a pilot project that incorporated widened parameters on clinical alarms based on evidence-based recommendations were presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
Highlights of the role for the CNS in the multidisciplinary perioperative clinical team were presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
A revised orientation program that engaged CNS staff in new nurse orientation to the OR improved job satisfaction and staff retention.
Effectiveness of daily rounding by a multidisciplinary team on improved staff communication and outcomes-oriented, patient-centered care was presented at the 2018 NACNS Annual Conference.
Results of a project involving periodic surveys of nursing staff intended to assess familiarity with sepsis screening tool and sepsis bundle was presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.sep
Results of a standardized skills lab designed to ensure consistent knowledge and competency across all adult care units were presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
CNS-led team of investigators sought to determine if air-assisted technology could reduce patient, as well as nurse, injuries incurred when repositioning patients. Results were presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|