Generic Name and Formulations:
Primidone 50mg, 250mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MYSOLINE:
Tonic-clonic, focal and psychomotor seizures.
Initially: 100–125mg at bedtime. Increase every 3 days if needed by 100–125mg daily to 3 times daily on day 7. On day 10, increase to 250mg 3 times daily; max 2g daily in divided doses.
<8yrs: initially 50mg at bedtime. On day 4, increase if needed to 50mg twice daily. On day 7, to 100mg twice daily. On day 10, to 125–250mg 3 times daily. Usual maintenance: 100–250mg 3 times daily or 10–25mg/kg/day in divided doses. ≥8yrs: as adult.
Porphyria. Barbiturate hypersensitivity.
Impaired liver function. Change dose gradually. Monitor blood counts, electrolytes. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated with alcohol and other CNS depressants. Antagonizes oral anticoagulants and contraceptives, steroids, Vit. K and D, griseofulvin, doxycycline. Variable effects with phenytoin, valproic acid, divalproex. Potentiated by MAOIs. Antagonizes tricyclic antidepressants.
Drowsiness, ataxia, dizziness, nystagmus, neonatal hemorrhage and withdrawal, nausea, vomiting, rash, megaloblastic anemia sensitive to folic acid, emotional disorders, impotence.
Tabs 50mg—100, 500; 250mg—100, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|