Generic Name and Formulations:
Rimabotulinumtoxin B 2500 Units/0.5mL, 5000 Units/1mL, 10000 Units/2mL; soln for IM inj; contains human albumin; preservative-free.
US WorldMeds, LLC
Indications for MYOBLOC:
Cervical dystonia, to reduce severity of abnormal head position and neck pain.
Should be administered and managed by experienced physicians. Individualize. Treatment-experienced: Initially 2500 to 5000 Units divided among affected muscles. Treatment-naïve: use lower initial dose. Adjust subsequent doses based on response.
Infection at proposed inj site.
Distant spread of toxin effect.
Not interchangeable with other botulinum toxin products. Spread of botulinum toxin effects my be observed beyond the local injection site. Pre-existing dysphagia. Respiratory disorders. Neuromuscular disorders (eg, myasthenia gravis, ALS, Lambert-Eaton syndrome); monitor closely. Contains human albumin; monitor for possible viral disease transmission. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by aminoglycosides or other agents interfering with neuromuscular transmission (eg, curare-like compounds). Concomitant other botulinum toxin products may potentiate neuromuscular paralysis.
Inj site reactions, dry mouth, dysphagia (may be severe), dyspepsia, headache; respiratory difficulties, allergic reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|