Myeloproliferative Neoplasms News & Features
Researchers assessed outcomes for 587 patients with PV to determine the risk factors most likely to predict arterial or venous thrombosis in this patient population.
In this randomized trial, investigators sought to determine the effectiveness of high-dose dexamethasone vs conventional prednisone therapy in treatment-naïve patients with ITP. Results were presented at ASH 2017.
Data presented at ASH 2017 confirm that ruxolitinib improves hematocrit control, hematologic remission, and reduction in spleen size in some patients with polycythemia vera who fail hydroxyurea.
What is the concern behind PARP inhibitors and leukemia?
A phase 2 study compared ruxolitinib with best-available therapy as second-line treatment for patients with high-risk essential thrombocythemia or polycythemia vera who became intolerant of first-line therapy.
[Blood and Lymphatic Cancer: Targets and Therapy] Investigators conduct 4 case studies that illustrate a range of coagulation disorders that can develop in patients with leukemia to elucidate the rationale and process of specific treatment options.
This case of a 63-year-old African American male with a complicated history illustrates the need for a comprehensive risk assessment of thrombosis in patients with primary polycythemia vera, especially those with concomitant conditions that predispose to thrombosis.
This fact sheet reviews common symptoms associated with polycythemia vera (PV) and how a patient may address them, along with an overview of more serious symptoms that require medical attention.
Methotrexate, a medication used commonly in the treatment of arthritis, shows promise as a treatment for polycythemia vera, a blood cancer classified as a myeloproliferative neoplasm.
Patients with high-risk chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML), a MDS/myeloproliferative neoplasm, may experience prolonged overall survival and increased overall response rate from treatment with decitabine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|