For those aged 75 to 84 years, LIS receipt linked to increased odds of receiving immunomodulatory drugs
New research has identified as few as nine genetic features would need to be tested to identify high-risk patients who might benefit from intensive myeloma treatment.
Survival gains observed when elotuzumab was added to treatment.
Improved progression-free survival in relapsed multiple myeloma has been seen with the addition of carfilzomib to lenalidomide and dexamethasone therapy.
Recent therapeutic progress has improved outcomes for patients with myeloma; however, the complex biology of this disease continues to challenge treatment.
New multiple myeloma treatment options have shown promise for patients aged 65 years and younger and for newly diagnosed individuals ineligible for stem-cell transplantation, according to two studies.
Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone delays progression, improves survival versus observation
Carfilzomib is approved for people who have been treated with at least two other therapies.
Bortezomib induction/maintenance up complete response, progression-free, and overall survival rates.
These tips can help patients with multiple myeloma learn more about how to cope with the disease.
Three studies show benefit of lenalidomide, including after induction therapy or stem-cell transplant.
The urgent need for treatment may require a woman with a hematologic cancer to end an early-stage pregnancy, but not necessarily a later-stage one.
This fact sheet reviews a number of resources available to patients coping with multiple myeloma, from the health care team to in the community.
Although the risks of erythropoietin-stimulating agents can outweigh the benefits, select patients may benefit.
Many people see their cancer care as a collaboration. This fact sheet provides tips for patients with multiple myeloma for improving communication with providers during office visits.
Overall, cancer incidence rates fell approximately 1% annually and overall death rates decreased by an average of 1.6% annually between 2003 and 2007.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Cisplatin-Induced Adverse Events in Osteosarcoma Not Improved With Pantoprazole
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|