For those aged 75 to 84 years, LIS receipt linked to increased odds of receiving immunomodulatory drugs
New research has identified as few as nine genetic features would need to be tested to identify high-risk patients who might benefit from intensive myeloma treatment.
Survival gains observed when elotuzumab was added to treatment.
Improved progression-free survival in relapsed multiple myeloma has been seen with the addition of carfilzomib to lenalidomide and dexamethasone therapy.
Recent therapeutic progress has improved outcomes for patients with myeloma; however, the complex biology of this disease continues to challenge treatment.
New multiple myeloma treatment options have shown promise for patients aged 65 years and younger and for newly diagnosed individuals ineligible for stem-cell transplantation, according to two studies.
Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone delays progression, improves survival versus observation
Carfilzomib is approved for people who have been treated with at least two other therapies.
Bortezomib induction/maintenance up complete response, progression-free, and overall survival rates.
These tips can help patients with multiple myeloma learn more about how to cope with the disease.
Three studies show benefit of lenalidomide, including after induction therapy or stem-cell transplant.
The urgent need for treatment may require a woman with a hematologic cancer to end an early-stage pregnancy, but not necessarily a later-stage one.
This fact sheet reviews a number of resources available to patients coping with multiple myeloma, from the health care team to in the community.
Although the risks of erythropoietin-stimulating agents can outweigh the benefits, select patients may benefit.
Many people see their cancer care as a collaboration. This fact sheet provides tips for patients with multiple myeloma for improving communication with providers during office visits.
Overall, cancer incidence rates fell approximately 1% annually and overall death rates decreased by an average of 1.6% annually between 2003 and 2007.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|