Progress from myelodysplastic syndrome to AML is linked to the enzyme glycogen synthase kinase, and a molecular signature is found to predict clinical outcomes of patients with MDS.
Combination therapy effective for patients with higher-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)/acute myeloid leukemia (AML)January 05, 2015
Combined treatment with azacitidine and lenalidomide may be an effective frontline treatment regimen for patients with higher-risk forms of myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia.
Patients with myelodysplastic syndrome age 66 to 74 years did as well with stem cell transplantation as patients age 60 to 65 years. This research was presented at the 2013 ASH Annual Meeting, in New Orleans.
Managing anemia in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) is complex. When are erythroid growth factors used as primary treatment?
Gemtuzumab ozogamicin, discontinued here in 2010, reduced relapse risk and improved survival in Welsh patients with acute myeloid leukemia.
An HIV drug helped lower the risk of graft-versus-host disease in persons with blood cancer who had stem-cell transplants to rebuild bone marrow.
Drug Safety Communication on lenalidomide (Revlimid); FDA approval for pazopanib (Votrient)
Also, bone marrow cells in myelodysplastic syndromes, secondary AML are clonal.
More adverse effects seen for high dose in patients with higher-risk myelodysplastic syndrome
The recent discovery of gene mutations in a genomic study of myelodysplastic syndromes could enable diagnosis using only a blood test rather than a bone marrow biopsy.
A genetic defect found on the GATA2 gene predisposes people to acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplasia, researchers have learned.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|