Generic Name and Formulations:
Micafungin sodium 50mg/vial, 100mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for MYCAMINE:
Treatment of Candidemia, acute disseminated candidiasis, Candida peritonitis and abscesses; and esophageal candidiasis. Prophylaxis of Candida infection in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT).
Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 100mg/day (usual range 10–47 days). Esophageal: 150mg/day (usual range 10–30 days). Prophylaxis in HSCT: 50mg/day (usual range 6–51 days).
<4months: not established. Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥4months: Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 2mg/kg once daily; max 100mg/day. Esophageal: (≤30kg): 3mg/kg once daily; (>30kg): 2.5mg/kg once daily. Max: 150mg/day. Prophylaxis in HSCT: 1mg/kg once daily; max 50mg/day.
Hepatic impairment. Renal dysfunction. Monitor for evidence of worsening hepatic or renal function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Glucan synthesis inhibitor (echinocandin).
Potentiates sirolimus, itraconazole, nifedipine; monitor and reduce doses.
Inj site reactions, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, thrombocytopenia, headache, rash, pruritus, facial swelling, vasodilatation, phlebitis, increased alkaline phosphatase; hematological effects, abnormal liver function tests (eg, ALT/AST), acute renal failure, anaphylaxis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|