Generic Name and Formulations:
Ethambutol HCl 100mg, 400mg+; tabs; +scored.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MYAMBUTOL:
Susceptible pulmonary tuberculosis with other antituberculars.
Give once daily. Initially 15mg/kg per day. Retreatment: 25mg/kg per day, after 60 days decrease to 15mg/kg per day. Renal dysfunction: reduce dose.
<13yrs: not recommended.
Test visual acuity before beginning therapy and periodically; monthly if dose exceeds 15mg/kg per day. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Gout. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dermatitis, pruritus, joint pain, GI upset, fever, malaise, headache, dizziness, confusion, peripheral neuritis, gout, reduced visual acuity, optic neuritis.
Tabs 100mg—100; 400mg—100, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|