Generic Name and Formulations:
Plerixafor 20mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for MOZOBIL:
In combination with granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF): To mobilize hematopoietic stem cells to the peripheral blood for collection and autologous transplantation in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myeloma.
Start after 4 days' treatment with G-CSF. Give approximately 11hrs before starting apheresis. Repeat up to 4 consecutive days. Base dose on actual body weight. 0.24mg/kg SC; max 40mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl≤50mL/min): 0.16mg/kg; max 27mg/day.
Not for use in leukemia. May cause mobilization of tumor cells (in combination with G-CSF). Monitor blood and platelet counts (esp. neutrophils). Monitor for splenic enlargement/rupture after administration in combination with G-CSF; evaluate if left upper abdominal pain and/or scapular or shoulder pain occurs. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity during and after administration for at least 30mins. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by drugs that reduce renal function or compete for active tubular secretion.
Hematopoietic stem cell mobilizer.
Diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, dizziness, vomiting; anaphylactic shock, hypersensitivity reactions (may be serious), tumor cell mobilization, increased circulating neutrophils, decreased platelet counts, enlarged spleen, vasovagal reaction may occur.
Single-use vials (1.2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|