Generic Name and Formulations:
Colchicine 0.6mg; caps.
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.
Indications for MITIGARE:
Prophylaxis of gout flares.
Limitations Of use:
Not studied for acute treatment of gout flares during prophylaxis. Not for treating pain from other causes.
0.6mg once or twice daily; max 1.2mg/day.
Renal or hepatic impairment with concomitant CYP3A4 and P-gp dual inhibitors (life-threatening toxicity possible). Concurrent renal and hepatic impairment.
Monitor for toxicity; if present, consider temporary interruption or discontinuation. Renal or hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Avoid concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, grapefruit juice, erythromycin, verapamil) and/or P-gp inhibitors (eg, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, cyclosporine); if unavoidable, reduce daily dose and monitor for colchicine toxicity. Concomitant statins, fibrates may potentiate myopathy and rhabdomyolysis.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain; blood dyscrasias (myelosuppression, leukopenia, granulocytopenia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, aplastic anemia), neuromuscular toxicity, rhabdomyolysis, overdosage (may be fatal).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: Hemophilia A
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|