Generic Name and Formulations:
Prazosin HCl 1mg, 2mg, 5mg; caps.
Indications for MINIPRESS:
Give 1st dose at bedtime. 1mg 2–3 times daily. Increase dose slowly. Usual dose: 6–15mg/day in divided doses; max 20–40mg/day. When adding another antihypertensive, reduce dose to 1–2mg 3 times daily and retitrate.
Syncope. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Limit alcohol intake. Hypotension with propranolol, diuretics, other antihypertensives. False (+) pheochromocytoma test.
Syncope (esp. 1st dose), dizziness, headache, drowsiness, weakness, palpitations, GI upset, edema, orthostatic hypotension, dyspnea, vertigo, depression, nervousness, rash, urinary frequency, blurred vision, reddened sclera, epistaxis, dry mouth, nasal congestion; priapism (rare).
Caps 1mg, 2mg—250, 1000
Caps 5mg—250, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|