MIACALCIN INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcitonin-salmon 200 IU/mL; soln for SC or IM inj.
Indications for MIACALCIN INJECTION:
Paget's disease of bone. Hypercalcemia. Postmenopausal osteoporosis in women >5yrs postmenopausal.
Give by IM inj across multiple sites if total dose >2mL. Paget's: 100 IU SC or IM daily. Hypercalcemia: initially 4 IU/kg SC or IM every 12hrs, may increase after 1–2 days to 8 IU/kg every 12hrs, and then after 2 more days to max 8 IU/kg every 6hrs. Postmenopausal osteoporosis: 100 IU SC or IM daily.
Correct hypocalcemia and other mineral metabolism disorders before initiating; monitor serum calcium and hypocalcemia symptoms during therapy. Increased risk of malignancies. Consider periodic exams of urine sediment; serum alkaline phosphatase and urinary hydroxyproline in Paget's. Postmenopausal osteoporosis: supplement diet with calcium 1g/day and Vit.D 400 IU/day. Re-evaluate periodically. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May antagonize lithium (consider lithium dose adjustment).
Nausea, vomiting, local inflammation, flushing, rash; hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis, hypocalcemia, antibody formation.
Multi-dose vials (2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|