Metaproterenol Sulfate Syrup Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metaproterenol sulfate 10mg/5mL.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Metaproterenol Sulfate Syrup:
20mg 3–4 times daily.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–9yrs (<60 lbs): 10mg 3–4 times daily. >9yrs (>60 lbs): 20mg 3–4 times daily.
Arrhythmias associated with tachycardia.
Avoid excessive use. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Seizure disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid other aerosol β-agonists. Potentiated by sympathomimetics, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Tachycardia, nervousness, tremor, headache, dizziness, GI upset, hypertension, paradoxical bronchospasm, cough, bad taste.
Inh soln, tabs, syrup—contact supplier.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|