METADATE CD CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methylphenidate HCl 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg, 50mg, 60mg; ext-rel caps (contains immediate-release + ext-rel beads); contains sucrose.
Indications for METADATE CD:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Adults and Children:
Take before breakfast. Swallow whole or sprinkle contents onto applesauce (swallow immediately); do not crush, chew, or divide beads. <6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: initially 20mg once daily, may increase weekly by 10–20mg/day; max 60mg once daily.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Marked anxiety, tension, agitation. Glaucoma. Motor tics. Tourette's syndrome in patient or family. Severe hypertension. Angina. Cardiac arrhythmias. Heart failure. Recent MI. Hyperthyroidism. Thyrotoxicosis. Surgery.
History of drug dependence or alcoholism; monitor for abnormal behavior. Increased risk of sudden death, stroke, and MI; assess for presence of cardiac disease before initiating. Avoid in known structural cardiac abnormalities, cardiomyopathy, serious arrhythmias, coronary artery disease, and other cardiac problems. Pre-existing psychotic disorder. Bipolar disorder; screen for risk before initiation. Consider discontinuing if new psychotic/manic symptoms occur. Monitor for new or worsening aggressive behavior or hostility. Seizure disorder. Peripheral vasculopathy, including Raynaud's Phenomenon; monitor for digital changes. Monitor growth (esp. children), BP, HR, CBCs, differential, platelet counts. Reduce dose or discontinue if paradoxical aggravation of symptoms occur. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol. Caution with pressor agents. May potentiate anticonvulsants (eg, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone), oral anticoagulants, tricyclics, SSRIs, phenylbutazone. May be affected by agents that alter urinary pH. Risk of serotonin syndrome with serotonergic drugs.
Headache, anorexia, abdominal pain, insomnia, dizziness, nervousness; priapism, hypertension, tachycardia, visual disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|