MESNEX INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesna 100mg/mL; soln for IV inj after dilution; contains benzyl alcohol.
Indications for MESNEX INJECTION:
Prophylactic agent in reducing the incidence of ifosfamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis.
See literature. IV Schedule: Give as IV bolus injection in a dosage equal to 20% of the ifosfamide dose at the time of ifosfamide administration and 4 and 8 hours after each dose of ifosfamide; total daily dose is 60% the ifosfamide dose. IV and oral dosing: Give as IV bolus injection in a dosage equal to 20% of the ifosfamide dose at the time of ifosfamide administration, followed by the tablets given orally in a dosage equal to 40% of the ifosfamide dose 2 and 6 hours after each dose of ifosfamide; total daily dose is 100% of the ifosfamide dose. Repeat schedule on each day ifosfamide is given. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs of oral mesna, repeat dose or give IV mesna.
Hypersensitivity to thiol compounds.
Monitor morning specimen of urine for the presence of hematuria each day prior to ifosfamide therapy; consider dose reduction or discontinue if hematuria occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
GI upset, fever, anorexia, flatulence, constipation, rhinitis, rigors, back pain, rash, conjunctivitis, arthralgia, headache, inj site reactions, flushing, dizziness, pharyngitis, hyperaesthesia, flu-like symptoms, coughing; hypersensitivity reactions.
Patients taking mesna should drink at least a quart of liquid a day.
Tabs—10; Multidose vials—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|