Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis polysaccharides 50mcg; each of Group A, C, Y, and W-135 per 0.5mL; pwd for SC inj after reconstitution.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for MENOMUNE-A/C/Y/W-135:
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended (except as short-term protection in infants ≥3months of age against Group A). ≥2yrs: 0.5 mL SC once. If still at high risk, may revaccinate children first vaccinated at <4yrs of age after 2–3yrs, and older children and adults after 3–5yrs.
Immunodeficiency. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Do not give with whole-cell pertussis or whole-cell typhoid vaccines. Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Tenderness, erythema, or pain at inj site; headache, malaise, chills, fever.
Single-dose vials—1, 5 (preservative-free diluent); Multidose vial—1 (thimerosal-preserved diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|