Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis polysaccharides 4mcg each of Group A, C, Y, and W-135; per 0.5mL; (diphtheria toxoid conjugate); soln for IM inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for MENACTRA:
Adults and Children:
<9mos: not recommended. Give by IM inj only in deltoid region. Primary vaccination: 9–23mos: 0.5mL given as 2-dose series three months apart; 2–55yrs: 0.5mL once. Booster vaccination: 15–55yrs: may give a single (0.5mL) dose for those at continued risk, if at least 4yrs have elapsed since the prior dose.
Severe allergic reaction to any previous meningococcal capsular polysaccharide-, diphtheria toxoid- or CRM197-containing vaccine.
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. History of Guillain-Barre syndrome. Immunosuppressed. Risk of syncope. Latex allergy. Adults >55yrs old. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, antimetabolites, alkylating agents, cytotoxic drugs, high-dose steroids) may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site reactions, headache, fatigue, malaise, arthralgia, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, chills, fever, rash, irritability, drowsiness; children: also, abnormal crying.
To register pregnant patients or to report adverse events call (800) 822-2463. Refer to www.cdc.gov for ACIP guidelines on vaccinating acutely ill patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|