MEGACE ES Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Megestrol acetate 125mg/mL; oral susp; lemon-lime flavor.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for MEGACE ES:
Anorexia, cachexia, or unexplained significant weight loss in patients diagnosed with AIDS.
Limitations Of use:
Should only be instituted after treatable causes of weight loss are sought and addressed. Not for prophylactic use to avoid weight loss.
625mg/5mL per day.
Known or suspected pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do not substitute with other megestrol suspensions (not interchangeable). History of thromboembolic disease. Monitor for signs/symptoms of adrenal insufficiency; consider empiric therapy if occurs. Diabetes. Renal impairment. Elderly. Avoid in women of childbearing potential. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May increase insulin requirements. Decreases indinavir levels.
Nausea, diarrhea, impotence, rash, flatulence, hypertension, asthenia; rare: adrenal insufficiency, breakthrough bleeding.
Concentrated susp (125mg/mL)—5oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|