Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadopentetate dimeglumine 469.01mg/mL (0.5mmol/mL); soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for MAGNEVIST:
For use in MRI of the brain (intracranial lesions), spine and associated tissues, of the head and neck, and of the body (excluding the heart) in adults and children to visualize lesions with abnormal vascularity.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. Give by IV inj at a rate of max 10mL/15secs. ≥2yrs: 0.2mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg), followed by 5mL normal saline flush to ensure complete injection. >286lbs: dose not established.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2). Acute kidney injury.
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis.
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in chronic kidney disease or acute kidney injury (see Contraindications). Screen for renal dysfunction. Do not exceed recommended dose and allow sufficient time for drug elimination before re-administration. Have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of asthma or other allergic disorders. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions during and up to several hrs after administration. Increased risk of gadolinium retention with multiple lifetime doses, in pregnant patients, children, and those with inflammatory conditions; minimize repetitive imaging studies. Renal impairment: use lowest effective dose. Avoid extravasation. Interpreting Magnevist MRI scans without a companion non-contrast MRI. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Headache, nausea, inj site coldness/localized coldness, dizziness; hypersensitivity reactions; rare: inj site reactions.
Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—20; Pre-filled syringes (10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|