Generic Name and Formulations:
Tranexamic acid 650mg; tabs.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for LYSTEDA:
Cyclic heavy menstrual bleeding.
Treat for up to 5 days during menses. Swallow whole. ≥18yrs: Normal renal function (serum creatinine ≤1.4mg/dL): 1300mg three times daily; Cr >1.4–2.8mg/dL: 1300mg twice daily; Cr >2.8–5.7mg/dL: 1300mg once daily; Cr >5.7mg/dL: 650mg once daily.
Premenarchal: not recommended.
Active thromboembolic (eg, DVT, PE, cerebral thrombosis). History or risk of thrombosis or thromboembolism (eg, retinal vein or artery occlusion; thrombogenic valvular disease, thrombogenic cardiac rhythm disease, hypercoagulopathy). Concomitant combination hormonal contraceptives.
Exclude endometrial pathology prior to initiation. Not for use in postmenopausal women. Discontinue immediately if retinal venous or arterial occlusion occurs. Subarachnoid hemorrhage (cerebral edema/infarction may occur). Acute promyelocytic leukemia treated with oral tretinoin (increased procoagulant effect). Renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of thrombotic events (eg, stroke, MI) with hormonal contraceptives (esp. in obese or smokers >35yrs old), Factor IX complex concentrates, anti-inhibitor coagulant concentrates, oral tretinoin. Tissue plasminogen activators (tPAs) may decrease efficacy of both tranexamic acid and tPAs.
Headache, sinus/nasal symptoms, pain (back, abdomen, musculoskeletal, joint), muscle cramps, migraine, anemia, fatigue; visual/ocular events, severe allergic reaction, ligneous conjunctivitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|