Generic Name and Formulations:
Mitotane 500mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LYSODREN:
Inoperable adrenal cortical carcinoma.
2–6g/day in divided doses (3–4 times/day). Doses may be increased incrementally to achieve a blood concentration of 14–20mg/L, or as tolerated. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Discontinue temporarily following shock or severe trauma. CNS toxicity (esp. with high doses). Adrenal insufficiency: give steroid replacement as clinically indicated; measure free cortisol and ACTH levels. Ovarian macrocysts in premenopausal women. Hepatic impairment. Pregnancy; avoid. Use effective contraception during and after discontinuation until mitotane levels are undetectable. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Adrenal cytotoxic agent.
Concomitant oral anticoagulants, CYP3A4 substrates; monitor for change in dose requirements.
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, vertigo, rash, neutropenia, growth retardation, hypothyroidism, confusion, headache, ataxia, mental impairment, weakness, dysarthria, maculopathy, hepatitis, elevated liver enzymes, gynecomastia, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|