In a case-control study using PEDS data, researchers determined the impact of inactivity on risk for Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
A study from South Korea determined the prevalence and type of CAM practices lymphoma survivors used for various purposes including ease symptoms, augment treatment, boost immunity, and gain a sense of control.
A review of management approaches to Hodgkin lymphoma in Europe vs the United States/North America demonstrates that although some differences exist, worldwide studies that would enhance patient outcomes are feasible.
As supportive care improves, elderly patients may benefit from high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation.
1. The β-chain constant region of the T cell receptor (TCR) was targeted to specifically eliminate a population of malignant T cells. 2. Engineered chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells with specificity to the β-chain constant region successfully eradicated a significant proportion of malignant T cells in mice. Evidence Rating Level: 3 (Average) Study Rundown: 
A retrospective chart study demonstrated the effectiveness of fosfomycin as an antibacterial prophylaxis for febrile neutropenia in patients with hematologic cancer.
The safety of breast implants has not been confirmed despite widespread use.
Chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy elicits treatment response in patients with refractory B-cell lymphomaJanuary 01, 2018
1. Patients with refractory diffuse large B-cell or follicular lymphoma demonstrated high rates of remission when treated with anti-CD19 directed chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy. 2. Serious adverse events noticed in this cohort included cytokine release syndrome and encephalopathy. Evidence Rating Level: 3 (Average) Study Rundown: Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma comprise 
Patients who received the recommended phase 1 dose of brentuximab vedotin and bendamustine had an overall response of 78%.
In this analysis, researchers measured the impact and effectiveness of supportive treatments for moderate to severe anemia in patients with lymphoma or multiple myeloma, based on patient-reported outcomes.
This case describes management of a 61-year-old male with a history of chronic liver diseases and COPD who developed a posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder 10 years after a liver transplant.
The US FDA has granted regular approval to brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris) for pcALCL and CD30-expressing MF in adult patients who received prior systemic therapy.
Acalabrutinib is a treatment option for patients with mantle cell lymphoma who have not responded to prior treatment.
Nurses' critical thinking perspective is key to recognizing and managing adverse effects in patients with lymphoma, and staying ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing clinical setting.
Investigators assessed the impact of advances over time in the treatment of Hodgkin lymphoma on all-cause mortality in patients with Hodgkin lymphoma who received radiotherapy alone or with chemotherapy.
Palonosetron effectively prevents and manages delayed CINV in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Nivolumab Improves Clinical Outcomes in Patients With Relapsed-Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma After ASCT, Brentuximab VedotinJune 29, 2017
Study reports that patients with classic relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma who received nivolumab after ASCT experienced high rates of response regardless of previous history with brentuximab vedotin.
Rituximab in the Treatment of Follicular Lymphoma: the Future of Biosimilars in the Evolving Therapeutic LandscapeJune 02, 2017
[Cancer Management and Research] This research summarizes the role of rituximab across the spectrum of FL treatment and the evolving therapeutic landscape with the emergence of novel agents currently in clinical development.
The oncology nurses' role in monitoring and early recognition of the signs and symptoms of CAR T-cell toxicities is significant considering the potential severity of these adverse effects.
An international team developed an approach to hematopoietic stem cell transplantation that prevents GVHD while preserving the benefits of the therapy.
Hodgkin lymphoma survivors are at higher risk of second cancers, and that risk is even higher in those with a first-degree relative with cancer.
Lenalidomide maintenance appears efficacious for relapsed diffuse large B cell lymphoma.
Patients who were surveyed reported that the benefits of treatment with BV outweighed its risks.
PD-1 blockade with pembrolizumab was active and induced durable responses in patients with natural killer (NK)/T-cell lymphoma failing L-asparaginase.
Researchers have found that hepatitis C virus infection is associated with an elevated risk for developing bile duct cancers and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research examines the efficacy and safety of recombinant human endostatin in combination with CHOP regimen (ECHOP) for patients with peripheral T cell lymphoma.
Researchers sought to compare the efficacy of O-DHAP with R-DHAP as salvage treatment, followed by autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation.
The patient's history and current blood work results indicated a dangerously high potassium level. But a meticulously handled redraw proved it false.
Frontline treatment with rituximab plus high-dose sequential chemotherapy with autologous HSCT failed to improve progression-free or overall survival compared with R-CHOP in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
Severe fatigue is associated with unemployment and financial problems in survivors of Hodgkin lymphoma, highlighting the need for clinicians to address fatigue in these patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Physical Inactivity Linked With Increased Risk of Hodgkin, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Challenges for Young Adult Couples Facing a Cancer Diagnosis
- Progression-Free Survival Extended With PANEX Protocol in R/R Multiple Myeloma
- Following ACS Guidelines Shown to Improve Outcomes for Colon Cancer Survivors
- In Older Women With Breast Cancer QoL May Predict 10-Year Mortality
- Letter-Writing Project Communicates Care Wishes to Healthcare Team, Family
- Pivot Nurse Improves Patients' Navigation Through Lung Cancer Care
- Long-term Carfilzomib May Be Safe, Effective In Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Palliative Sedation a Valid Option for Refractory Symptoms in End-stage Cancer
- Testicular Cancer Treatment May Increase Risk for Heart Disease in Survivors
- Spotlight on Triptorelin in the Treatment of Premenopausal Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer
- Redefining Prognosis for Hematologic Cancers in Older Adults by Age
- Outcomes for Elderly With Hematologic Cancers Effected by Cognitive Impairments
- Evolving Role of Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Mesothelioma
- FDA Approves Fostamatinib for ITP After Insufficient Response to Previous Treatment
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|