Research into the potential of radiation therapy in the management of mesothelioma may improve the prognosis, and possibly extend progression-free survival, for patients with this incurable cancer.
Researchers in Montreal presented results of a study on the effects of using a pivot nurse in oncology (PNO) on continuity of care, outcomes, and quality of life for patients with lung cancer at the 2018 European Lung Cancer Congress.
Analysis of data from more than 1 million people demonstrates the value of tobacco-use data in tailoring public health programs to prevalence of smokers in local populations.
Researchers presented the preliminary results from an ongoing randomized, crossover study evaluating the cardiorespiratory effects of e-cigarettes.
Researchers conducted a case-control study that examined independent predictive factors of lung cancer in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
The panel assembled and updated the above guidelines and recommendations regarding lung cancer screening and low-dose CT screening programs.
In a quasi-experimental pre-post study, researchers demonstrate the efficacy of the SEE-ACBT rehabilitation method on health-related and cost outcomes in patients with NSCLC who underwent curative lung resection.
Researchers assessed the efficacy of nabilone for improving symptoms of anorexia in patients with NSCLC. In addition, patient appetite, quality of life, and nutritional status were also assessed.
Excretion of metabolites of acrylonitrile, acrolein, propylene oxide, acrylamide, crotonaldehyde up
Study finds metals, including lead, leak from e-cigarette heating coils into inhaled aerosols
[Cancer Management and Research] The presence of comorbidities is thought to play a significant role in the decision to treat patients with NSCLC, and this impacts survival.
Using MVIC and 6MWT, researchers sought to determine if patients' exercise behaviors changed after a diagnosis of advanced lung cancer.
Researchers conducted a systematic literature search to identify studies investigating the effectiveness of preoperative exercise on outcomes among oncology patients undergoing surgery.
Efficacy and Safety of COX-2 Inhibitors for Advanced Non-small-cell Lung Cancer With Chemotherapy: A Meta-analysisFebruary 16, 2018
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This meta-analysis assesses the efficacy and safety profile of COX-2 inhibitors in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
In a review of data from the NLST, researchers sought to determine if a risk-targeting approach would more efficiently select high-risk persons for lung cancer screening than the eligibility criteria defined by the NLST.
Platinum-based chemotherapy agents for lung cancer may increase the risk for thromboembolism.
Qualitative risk statements of malignancy for indeterminate pulmonary nodules are imprecise, highly variable, and should be replaced by a standard scale.
Initial screens were least effective and least efficient for veterans with lowest lung cancer risk, according to this study.
Researchers found that nearly one third of veterans reported current use of a tobacco product, with cigarettes being most frequently used.
1. In terms of early lung cancer death per individual screened, targeting lung cancer mortality risk may improve lung cancer screening efficiency. 2. However, the increases in efficiency were attenuated when measured by life-years, quality-adjusted life-years (QALYs), and cost-effectiveness. Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good) Study Rundown: Current guidelines for lung cancer screening using low-dose computed 
Osimertinib improves progression-free survival in EGFR-mutated non-small-cell lung cancer: The FLAURA trialJanuary 11, 2018
1. Osimertinib demonstrated a significantly longer duration of progression-free survival compared to standard of care epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) in patients with untreated EGFR-mutated locally-advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). 2. Osimertinib treated patients had fewer grade 3 or higher adverse events compared to patients treated with standard EGFR-TKI therapy. 
Abstinence-contingent incentives improved smoking cessation outcomes among economically disadvantaged smokers with mental illness.
Abstinent smokers may have reduced preoperative pain tolerance and increased postoperative opioid use compared with nonsmokers.
Using data from the TUS-CPS, researchers sought to determine the effect of pharmaceutical smoking cessation aids on long-term quit rates among patients who smoke tobacco.
SBRT provides excellent local control and an adequate safety profile, but there is a lack of data comparing SBRT to resection among patients eligible for surgery.
Nab-paclitaxel/carboplatin Induction in Squamous NSCLC: Longitudinal Quality of Life While on ChemotherapyDecember 01, 2017
[Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy] Researchers examine the affect of first-line nab-paclitaxel plus carboplatinon QoL for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
Results of this randomized, phase 3 study comparing oral gefitinib with IV vinorelbine plus cisplatin revealed the effect of these regimens on disease-free survival in patients with exon 19 deletion or exon Leu585Arg NSCLC.
In lung cancer, it is critical to evaluate the resistance mechanisms so appropriate treatment can be administered.
Approval was based on results from ALEX, for which researchers randomly assigned 303 patients with ALK-positive NSCLC not previously treated with systemic therapy to receive alectinib or crizotinib.
Populating a microsimulation of model of HIV disease, researchers investigated the the likelihood of lung cancer-related morbidity and mortality among patients with HIV who smoke, based on smoking intensity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Physical Inactivity Linked With Increased Risk of Hodgkin, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Challenges for Young Adult Couples Facing a Cancer Diagnosis
- Redefining Prognosis for Hematologic Cancers in Older Adults by Age
- Progression-Free Survival Extended With PANEX Protocol in R/R Multiple Myeloma
- Following ACS Guidelines Shown to Improve Outcomes for Colon Cancer Survivors
- Letter-Writing Project Communicates Care Wishes to Healthcare Team, Family
- Pivot Nurse Improves Patients' Navigation Through Lung Cancer Care
- Long-term Carfilzomib May Be Safe, Effective In Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Palliative Sedation a Valid Option for Refractory Symptoms in End-stage Cancer
- Testicular Cancer Treatment May Increase Risk for Heart Disease in Survivors
- Spotlight on Triptorelin in the Treatment of Premenopausal Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer
- Redefining Prognosis for Hematologic Cancers in Older Adults by Age
- Outcomes for Elderly With Hematologic Cancers Effected by Cognitive Impairments
- Evolving Role of Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Mesothelioma
- FDA Approves Fostamatinib for ITP After Insufficient Response to Previous Treatment
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|