Lung Cancer News & Features
This fact sheet reviews secondhand smoke composition, links between secondhand smoke and cancer, and secondhand smoke emitted from electronic cigarettes.
Patients' Satisfaction With Chemotherapy Influences Health-Related Quality of Life in Advanced Thoracic Cancer
Dutch researchers sought to determine the association between satisfaction with treatment and HRQoL scores among patients with locally advanced or metastatic thoracic cancer receiving pemetrexed.
A survey of healthcare professionals sought to determine their perspectives on aspects of treatment decision-making related to administration of chemotherapy in eligible patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
Patients with malignant pleural effusion may care more about relieving symptoms such as dyspnea as opposed to achieving pleurodesis.
How can nurses caring for smokers counsel patients on quitting smoking when many are using vaping as an alternative to cigarettes?
A secondary analysis of data from the CONVERT trial compared survival outcomes after chemoradiotherapy for patients with stage I-II vs patients with stage III disease.
Using focus groups, researchers evaluated patient-reported psychosocial consequences of lung cancer to determine if a lung cancer-specific distress screening instrument would benefit these patients.
Higher rates of adverse events observed for immune checkpoint inhibitors in real-world settings, compared to clinical trials.
Mean changes in hematologic indices found similar regardless of same-day or prior administration of B12 supplementation in patients receiving pemetrexed for NSCLC or pleural mesothelioma.
Real-World Prevalence of AEs With Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC Higher Than Reported in Trials
Study suggests irAEs with PD-L1 therapy for NSCLC occur more frequently in real-world vs clinical trial populations.
Lung Cancer Clinical Trials
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA: Number of U.S. Women With Breast Implant-Caused Cancer Has Increased
- NIH Establishes Educational Program on Genomics, Genetics for Oncology Nurses
- Immunotherapy for HER2-positive Breast Cancer: Recent Advances and Combination Therapeutic Approaches
- A Review of Clinical Outcomes in Patients With Early-Stage Burkitt Lymphoma
- USPSTF Still Recommends Against Pancreatic Cancer Screening
- Oncology Nurse Navigation Facilitates Timely Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer
- Oncology Nurses Weigh In on Their Patient-Centered Communication Practices, Needs
- Substitute for Lidocaine
- CART cell therapy for prostate cancer: status and promise
- Shifting Dynamics of Social Support After a Cancer Diagnosis
- Survey Demonstrates Implicit Bias Toward Cervical Cancer Diagnoses Among Nurses, Women
- Use of Watchful Waiting Up for Low-Risk Localized Prostate Cancer
- Sharing Personal Contact Information With Patients
- Country-Specific Norms Created for Cancer-Related Quality of Life
- Nurse-Led vs Oncologist-Led Breast Cancer Follow-up Program: Early Feasibility Results of an Ongoing Study
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|