Generic Name and Formulations:
Alglucosidase alfa 5mg/mL; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for LUMIZYME:
Pompe disease (GAA deficiency).
Adults and Children:
Give by IV infusion over 4 hours. 20mg/kg every 2 weeks. Initial infusion rate: 1mg/kg/hr; may increase by 2mg/kg/hr every 30 minutes, if tolerated, to max 7mg/kg/hr.
Discontinue immediately if severe anaphylactic or allergic reactions develop; have appropriate medical support measures available and during rechallenge. Increased risk of acute cardiorespiratory failure with acute underlying respiratory illness or compromised cardiac function. Cardiac hypertrophy (increased risk of cardiac arrhythmia when given general anesthesia for central venous catheter placement). Infants with cardiac dysfunction may require prolonged observation times. Monitor for development of systemic immune complex-mediated reactions; consider discontinuing if occurs. Monitor for IgG antibody formation every 3 months for 2 years, then annually. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal glycogen-specific enzyme.
Hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis, rash, purexia, flushing/feeling hot, urticaria, headache, hyperhidrosis, nausea, cough, decreased oxygen saturation, tachycardia, tachypnea, chest discomfort, dizziness, muscle twitching, agitation, cyanosis, erythema, hypertension, pallor, rigors, tremor, vomiting, fatigue, myalgia.
Only available through Lumizyme ACE Program. To enroll call (800) 745-4447.
Single-use vial (50mg)—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|