Generic Name and Formulations:
Loteprednol etabonate 0.5%; oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Indications for LOTEMAX:
Steroid-responsive ocular diseases. Post-op inflammation after ocular surgery.
Steroid-responsive diseases: 1–2 drops into affected eye(s) 4 times daily. May give up to 1 drop every 1 hr within the 1st week of therapy. Post-op: 1–2 drops into operated eye(s) 4 times daily beginning 24 hrs after surgery, continue for 2 wks post-op.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Reevaluate if no improvement after 2 days. Prescribe initially and renew after 14 days only after appropriate exam. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. History of herpes simplex. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections in prolonged therapy (>10 days). Avoid abrupt cessation. Soft contact lenses (remove during therapy). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions (eg, blurred vision, burning, itching, dry eye), photophobia, headache, rhinitis, pharyngitis. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. Prolonged use may increase: IOP, optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects, cataract formation, corneal perforation. May delay healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery; also, Oint/Gel: anterior chamber inflammation, conjunctival hyperemia, corneal edema, eye pain.
Susp—5mL, 10mL, 15mL, Oint—3.5g; Gel—5g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|