LOTEMAX OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loteprednol etabonate 0.5%.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Indications for LOTEMAX OPH OINT:
Post-op inflammation after ocular surgery.
Apply a small amount (approx. ½ inch ribbon) into the affected eye(s) 4 times daily beginning 24 hrs after surgery, continue for 2 wks post-op.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Reevaluate if no improvement after 2 days. Prescribe initially and renew after 14 days only after appropriate exam. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. History of herpes simplex. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections in prolonged therapy (>10 days). Avoid abrupt cessation. Soft contact lenses (remove during therapy). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions (eg, blurred vision, burning, itching, dry eye), photophobia, headache, rhinitis, pharyngitis. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. Prolonged use may increase: IOP, optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects, cataract formation, corneal perforation. May delay healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery; also, Oint/Gel: anterior chamber inflammation, conjunctival hyperemia, corneal edema, eye pain.
Susp—5mL, 10mL, 15mL, Oint—3.5g; Gel—5g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|