Lindane Shampoo Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Lindane Shampoo:
Treatment of head or pubic lice in patients who have failed on, or are intolerant of, other therapies. Not for prophylactic use.
Adults and Children:
Treat once only. Use least amount to cover hair. <110lbs: not recommended. ≥110lbs: average hair length: 30mL; max 60mL. Apply to clean dry hair, work in thoroughly, leave on for 4mins only. Add small amount of warm water; lather; rinse immediately. Avoid contact with other body surfaces.
Uncontrolled seizure disorders. Premature infants. Norwegian (crusted) scabies, other skin conditions (eg, eczema, psoriasis, broken skin) that may increase absorption.
Potential CNS toxicity if absorbed. Children, infants, elderly, patients <110lbs: increased neurotoxicity risk. Seizure risk (eg, history of head trauma, prior seizures, CNS tumor, HIV infection, hepatic cirrhosis, abrupt alcohol/sedative withdrawal). Itching may occur or worsen after successful treatment; do not retreat. Avoid eyes. Do not swallow or misuse. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Systemic absorption and toxicity may be increased by oils, creams, ointments. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, antipsychotics, antidepressants, quinolones, theophylline, cyclosporine).
Irritation, post-treatment pruritus, CNS stimulation (eg, dizziness, convulsions).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
- Assessing Direct Costs of Treatment-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|