Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 5%; adhesive patch.
Indications for LIDODERM:
Apply to intact skin, covering most painful area. To adjust dose, cut patches before removing release liner. Remove if irritation or burning occurs; do not reapply until irritation subsides. May apply up to 3 patches at once for up to 12hrs of a 24-hour period. Hepatic impairment or debilitated: use smaller treatment areas.
Do not apply to broken or inflamed skin. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, longer duration of application, and application of more than 3 patches. Do not ingest; may be toxic to children and pets. Hepatic disease. Small patients. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Toxicity may be potentiated by Class I antiarrhythmics (e.g., tocainide, mexiletine). Additive effects with other local anesthetics.
Local effects (e.g., erythema, edema), allergic reactions (e.g., urticaria, angioedema, bronchospasm).
Patches (10cm x 14cm)—30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|