LEVULAN KERASTICK Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminolevulinic acid HCl 20%; topical soln; contains alcohol.
DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for LEVULAN KERASTICK:
In combination with blue light illumination (BLU-U Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy Illuminator), for the treatment of minimally to moderately thick actinic keratoses (Grade 1 or 2) of the face and scalp.
Clean and dry affected area. Apply to either scalp or face but not both simultaneously. One application and one dose of illumination per treatment site per 8-week treatment session. The second visit, for illumination, must take place in the 14–18 hour window following application. Treated lesions not completely resolved after 8 weeks may be treated a second time. Protect treated lesions from sun by wearing head covering. Excessive irritation if applied under occlusion.
Cutaneous photosensitivity at wavelengths of 400–450nm. Porphyria or known allergies to porphyrins.
Avoid exposure of photosensitive treatment sites to sunlight or bright indoor light during the period prior to blue light treatment. Avoid applying to eyes, mucous membranes, perilesional skin. Inherited or acquired coagulation defects. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased photosensitivity reaction with concomitant photosensitizing agents (eg, griseofulvin, thiazides, sulfonylureas, phenothiazines, sulfonamides, tetracyclines).
Cutaneous reactions (eg, stinging, burning, erythema, edema, scaling/crusting, itching, erosion, wheal/flare).
Single-unit applicators—1, 6
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|