Generic Name and Formulations:
Levothyroxine sodium 25mcg, 50mcg, 75mcg, 88mcg, 100mcg, 112mcg, 125mcg, 137mcg, 150mcg, 175mcg, 200mcg, 300mcg; tabs.
Indications for LEVOTHROID:
Maintenance: 100–200mcg daily. Complications: titrate dose.
<6months: 8–10mcg/kg per day. 6months–1yr: 6–8mcg/kg per day. 1–5yrs: 5–6mcg/kg per day. 6–12yrs: 4–5mcg/kg per day.
Thyrotoxicosis. Acute MI. Uncorrected adrenal insufficiency.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease. Diabetes. Adrenal insufficiency. Increased sensitivity in myxedema, severe hypothyroidism. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates sympathomimetics. Monitor antihyperglycemics, oral anticoagulants.
Hyperthyroidism; transient hair loss in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- Two Programs, One Goal: Meeting the Challenges of Oncology Navigation
- Navigating Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|