L-Cysteine HCl Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-Cysteine HCl 50mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; contains aluminum, sulfur; preservative-free.
Indications for L-Cysteine HCl Injection:
An additive to crystalline amino acid injections to meet essential nutritional requirements for infants given TPNs.
See literature. Rotate inj site. Give by central venous infusion. Add 0.5g L-Cysteine with 12.5g crystalline amino acid injection; dilute as indicated.
Hepatic coma. Metabolic disorders (eg, impaired nitrogen utilization).
Hepatic, renal, pulmonary, or cardiac insufficiency. Hyperkalemia. Metabolic or respiratory alkalosis. Monitor hepatic and renal function; discontinue if BUN levels exceed normal postprandial limits and continue to rise. Monitor blood (eg, CBC, ammonia, glucose, electrolytes, cholesterol, acid-base balance, serum proteins, osmolarity), urine osmolarity and glucose during therapy. Premature neonates. Pregnancy.
Concomitant tetracycline reduces nitrogen sparing effects.
Local reactions (eg, warm sensation, erythema, phlebitis, thrombosis), flushing, fever, nausea.
Single-dose vials (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|