KOGENATE FS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (recombinant) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 3000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains sucrose; preservative-free.
Indications for KOGENATE FS:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes in Hemophilia A. Surgical prophylaxis in Hemophilia A. Routine prophylaxis to reduce frequency of hemorrhagic episodes and joint damage in children with Hemophilia A with no pre-existing joint damage.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse over 1–15mins if tolerated. Minor hemorrhage: 10–20 IU/kg; may repeat dose if needed. Moderate hemorrhage or minor surgery: 15–30 IU/kg; may repeat dose every 12–24hrs until resolved. Major hemorrhage, fractures or head trauma: initially 40–50 IU/kg, then 20–25 IU/kg every 8–12hrs until resolved. Major surgery: pre-op: 50 IU/kg (verify 100% activity prior to surgery); repeat if needed after 6–12hrs initially, and for 10–14 days until completely healed. Routine prophylaxis in children: 25 IU/kg every other day.
Mouse or hamster protein sensitivity.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions, dizziness, rash, BP increase, pruritus, hypersensitivity reactions, antibody formation, central venous line-associated infections.
Kit—1 (vial w. diluent and BIO-SET system)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|